University of Sydney
We're one of the world's top research universities. Our research is driven by the big picture. Work alongside some of the world's brightest and most accomplished academics, access high-calibre facilities, and discover our new curriculum. Our research is driven by the big picture. Ranked second globally in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings and in the top 45 of research universities around the world*, the University of Sydney is home to leading researchers who are finding solutions to the world's most pressing issues by changing the way they look at them. Our interdisciplinary approach means that students are part of a community of scholars that unites experts in fields as diverse as medicine, arts, social sciences, engineering, information technologies and science. As a researcher at Sydney, you'll work alongside some of the world's brightest and most accomplished academics.
Key Research Areas
- Health and Wellbeing
- Society and Culture
Top 5 Research Centres
Top 5 Research Achievements
- The robot revolution that will help farmers all over the world
- Nanoscale battery to transform renewable energy storage
- Tumour tracking reshapes the future of cancer treatment
- Bona fide bone substitute could revolutionise surgery worldwide
- Why revisiting the Great Barrier Reef’s past could protect its future
- 100 Research Centres
- 5000 Research Students
- 5500 Research Staff/Supervising academics
We have one of the largest research scholarships schemes in Australia.
To check available research scholarships click here.
Scholarships in focus: