University of Adelaide
With more than 4000 research staff and students working together, we generate outcomes that make our world better. From more sustainable food production to a healthier climate. From improved health and wellbeing to cleaner energy sources. From our own backyard to the farthest shores.
As a member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia's most research-intensive institutions, the University is a destination of choice for highly talented researchers, students, government and industry partners.
Outstanding research universities share some common characteristics. They respond to emerging global and national priorities, they have access to high-quality facilities and they are surrounded by highly talented researchers and higher degree students. From excellent international rankings (which see us placed in the top 1% of universities worldwide), through to research income success, great people and structure make us outstanding.
Top 5 Research Centres
Top 5 Research Achievements
- The UofA's AI technology, based on computer vision and machine learning, is a leader in the world for space application such as space junk pose estimation. The work also includes developing robotic manipulation technology to acquire space debris once located.
- The UofA leads research into a new plasma-based, space-ready process for the production of agriculture fertiliser. The process will help space travellers to grow their own food.
- The largest study into meningococcal B vaccination and herd immunity conducted by UofA has global importance for vaccination programs and policy.
- The UofA is developing new tools and strategies to help grape growers and winemakers avoid, or mitigate smoke taint which is highly relevant due to the increased risk of bushfires expected to increase with climate change.
- The UofA has lead collaborative efforts with the Kaurna Australian Aboriginal people to successfully revive their language. The Kaurna language - unheard for nearly 160 years - is now back in daily use.
- Over 50 Research Centres
- About 2300 Research Students
- About 2000 Research Staff/Supervising academics
- GOstralia! Research Centre Scholarships
- In 2020, the Australian government has committed to invest $20 million towards a new national artificial intelligence and machine learning centre
- The Australian Government will invest $80 million in 2021 to develop the world-class South Australian immunoGENomics Cancer Institute providing new, more effective and curative approaches to diagnosing and treating cancer.
Schau dir auf Instagram das Interview von Michaela mit Prof. Carolin Plewa an. Sie ist stellvertretende Dekanin der Faculty of Professions an der Adelaide Business School und Professorin für Marketing und Stakeholder-Engagement.
Erfahre mehr über das Leben als PhD Kandidat*in an der University of Adelaide. Vera Storp und Christian Hoyer erzählen im Interview mit Michaela von ihren Erfahrungen.
Prof. John Williams, Executive Dean of the Faculty of The Professions at the University of Adelaide
Why would you recommend German students to do a PhD in Australia?
"An international experience at a research intensive university provides the perfect platform for emerging researchers. The capacity to work across borders with others who share the research challenges is rewarding both professionally and personally." Read more